Saturday, November 5, 2011

Slippery Willie's Stupid, Ugly Shoes - Review




This book was reviewed by my 12 y/o and 9 y/o daughters and my 9 y/o son. They felt that the beginning was a little repetitive, and that the plot was a "little weird". They all three seemed to think that the shoes were way too weird, in that even if he had super slippery feet, that the shoes would not look like giant robot shoes.

In my opinion, I thought that the read had great intentions. The overall theory of the book is a great idea. We were all kids once, and we all at one time, were probably made fun of because we were different, so this book has a great idea behind it. However I do have to agree with my children, when they say that it seems a little repetitive in the beginning. Overall a good read though.






Book web site:
http://www.slipperywillie.com

Larry Peterson Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/larrytpbx

Tribute Books website:
http://www.tribute-books.com

Tribute Books Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Archbald-PA/Tribute-Books/171628704176

Tribute Books Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/TributeBooks

Slippery Willie Synopsis:
Willie Wiggles hates his slippery feet. He just slips, slides and spins all over the place. But what he hates even more are the special shoes that have been made for him that will help him to walk just like all the other kids. Willie thinks that they are the "stupidest, ugliest shoes in the whole world."

Discover how sometimes we worry about things about ourselves when actually there is nothing to worry about in the first place.

"Adorable work!" - Tampa Tribune

Larry Peterson Bio:
Larry Peterson was born and raised in the Bronx, New York. As a freelancer, he has written many newspaper columns for local publications. Slippery Willie's Stupid, Ugly Shoes is his first children’s book. Peterson has lived in Pinellas Park, Florida for the past 28 years.

YouTube video book trailer embed html code:




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments:

  1. Amber, thanks for taking the time to read and review Larry's book. I'm glad that its core message really resonated with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amber---I appreciate the comments and thank you for taking the time and expending the effort to review the book. I really appreciate it---
    Thanks again and best wishes to you and your family,
    Larry Peterson

    ReplyDelete